How it works
You can book rides just as with all similar private hire services. What makes Share & Ride unique is what comes after you have booked your ride.
If you decide to make it public, your ride will be posted on our board for others to join in. You can also share it's unique link on a range of platforms.
Once you have one or more joiner, we'll automatically split the price equally between all passengers.
Let's see a typical scenario:
- You book a car for yourself to get to the airport and pay £26 for the ride.
- Someone sees your ride and want to join in.
- The system offers him £13 for joining in.
- The person pays £13 and we'll process £13 immediate partial refund to you. It goes back to your card automatically.
- One more person wants to join.
- The system increases the overall price to be £27 based on the distance and offers £9 to the joiner.
- The new person pays £9 and you and the first joiner receives another £4 each back.
The steps explained
Create your trip
Once you have registered, you can start creating trips and joining in to others.
It is like setting your sat nav! The booking takes less than a minute. You can manage your trips in your account.Go to planner
Accept and Publish
One of our team members reviews and confirms your trip and once it is paid either in full or partially, we'll publish it.
You can also create private trips. These are not available for joiners.
We'll send you email updates and you can manage your trips in your account.
Others join in
If your trip is public, people will see it and can send join requests.
We review all requests individually and so build your trip. As more people travel, the price splits between more people and so drops.Browse trips
Upon new people joining in, the price for each passenger drops (in most cases).
Then we'll issue a partial refund for those paid already.Read T&C-s
In 24 hours before your travel, we'll finalise your trip and no longer allow new joiners in.
You'll receive your itinerary in email. Please show it to your driver.
There is no need to print it out, we'll only need to scan the qr code on it.
Travel in comfort
We'll then take you where you need to go door-to-door in comfort!
Then we'll separate 1% of the price and give it to a not-for-profit organisation to plant trees in the UK and around the world.